Since 1973 the Fundación Universidad-Empresa (University Business Foundation) has addressed challenges and opportunities arising from the university-business framework, and has worked to enable positive feedback and response between those two spheres of activity with a special focus on:
- Education: customized training programmes; academic orientation.
- Employability: student and graduate internship programmes; career orientation and job-search seminars and workshops; job fairs; job placements for junior profiles. FUE is also active in the design and implementation of tailored recruitment and selection processes (including publicity, marketing and dissemination campaigns) for large multinational companies across very different sectors, reaching out for very specific profiles both in Spain and across Europe.
- Entrepreneurship: workshops, seminars, competitions.
- Innovation: project management, RD&I job portal.
- Information: surveys, studies and reports of relevance in the area of university-business cooperation; orientation manuals related to university studies, graduate job opportunities, employability, and entrepreneurship.
All of FUE’s initiatives are based on three pillars: HEIs, business and young professionals; a functional triangle that spans all vital stakeholders in the fields of education, R&D and career development.
FUE is known to offer competitive solutions to changing educational requirements and labour market demands, and has played a leading role in the development of combined learning+training programmes in close collaboration with selected universities and business partners interested in improving graduate skills and employability, enhancing international mobility of young professionals, and directly involving companies in graduate training.
Over the last five years, close to 20.000 students and recent graduates have participated in FUE’s different internship and professional initiation programmes, which are tailored to the diverse needs of the participating parties and include multiple options which range from classroom and in-company training and internships to on-line learning and resolution of real business cases.
Host organizations involved in FUE’s programmes (approximately 300 yearly) belong to very diverse business sectors, such as: aerospace and aeronautics; information and communication technologies; pharmaceutical; banking and finance; energy and water; tourism; consulting services; food industry; etc.